Monday, October 11, 2010

Family Fun in Iowa

Last weekend David and I flew into Dallas and met my family! We all went to Iowa to celebrate Dane and Desiree's wedding. (Dane works with my dad, and Desiree is in my mom's rodeo group.) They are a sweet, sweet couple, and it was so nice of them to include us in their special weekend.

There were 8 of us, plus our luggage, so we rented a 12 passenger van to take us around for the weekend. It was quite the scene.
On Friday, we drove around the state of Iowa a bit, ate some sushi, and went to the rehearsal dinner at the bride's BEAUTIFUL home.
Saturday was the wedding, so we all piled into the van in the chilly weather.
The wedding was so sweet. Of course brought tears to my eyes! They gave every one these cool ribbon wands to wave around. At the reception, when ribbons were waved, the bride and groom had to kiss.
The gang.
Best parents EVER.
All the kiddos.
And the girls.
The reception was SO much fun! It was so great to hang out with my family and of course to dance the night away!
Our flight on Sunday wasn't until the evening so we decided to go bowling! There were lots of gutter balls, some spares, and even some strikes!

It was such a great weekend! I absolutely love my family. Doing anything with them is so much fun. Thank you Dane and Desiree for including us and giving us an excuse for an October family vacation!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I was blog hopping and came across your blog. Are you from Dallas? I used to live in Austin and have (a ton) of family in Waco and friends all through Dallas (Texas is a big state HA!) Love your blog and the wedding look like a blast! Thanks for sharing!
    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for reading! :) Not from Dallas, but we have been all over Texas, really! Houston, Austin, South Texas, and now Abilene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics! We DID have alot of fun, didn't we!!?? Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete