Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back with 100

Hello! It's been a while.. It's what happens to me when the school year starts. I become slightly MIA, but I am working on balance. I really do want to keep up with this blog- for my family and friends but also for David and I to look back at.
So here are 100 random things. I read Meredith's and thought it would be a good way to enter back into the blog world.

1. I absolutely love being married to my best friend.

2. It is so great that we live in the same city as his family.

3. I went to dinner with them last night!

4. I HATE that we live so far away from my family.

5. I am thinking about changing the name of the blog. I know I haven't been blogging very long, but I am just not feeling it any more.

6. I teach Kindergarten in Sweetwater, TX.

7. I LOVE my job.

8. My husband is out of town right now, but I have ESPN on because that's what we do on Saturdays.

9. I really dislike having to go to bed when David is out of town.

10. He loves his job, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

11. I have big plans to clean the house today.

12. We still cannot park in the garage. :/

13. We have two sweet pups- Mickey (chihuahua) and Nova (black lab).

14. I love them to pieces. But could really do without their constant shedding hair.

15. David and I met at UT our sophomore year. At a fraternity party.

16. It was the first time I had been to one, and he wasn't in the fraternity yet.

17. I love taking pictures.

18. But I have been terrible at taking pictures since the wedding. :(

19. When my sisters and I get together, we more often than not share teacher stories.

20. I dream of the day that all 3 of us can teach together.

21. I wish Kimberly, Kevin, and Khloe lived closer. Like in the state!

22. I love Longhorn football.

23. I was a cheerleader for 10 years.

24. We went to Iowa with my family last weekend.

25. God has blessed my life far beyond my understanding.

26. I love school supplies.

27. I miss playing volleyball.

28. I want to know the Bible better.

29. I cannot wait to be a mom.

30. When we lived in Kingsville last year, I went to my Mimi and Pappa's after school at least once a week.

31. I really miss that.

32. I want to go shopping. But really don't need to.

33. David is 11 months younger than me.

34. There is a little boy in my class that gives me several funny stories a day.

35. I really dislike folding/putting away laundry.

36. We just recently bought a new truck.

37. I spend too many hours in my classroom every day. I need to work on that.

38. I wish the Longhorns had a game today.

39. I have a HUGE sweet tooth.

40. I enjoy cooking and baking. When I make the time.

41. I broke the rear tire rod in my car yesterday morning. Not the best morning.

42. Skinny vanilla latte is my Starbucks drink of choice.

43. My little brother is a junior in high school.

44. I love going to the beach.

45. David gets to go back to the Bahamas with his basketball team, but I have to work.

46. The first game of McMurry's basketball season is in Houston!

47. I can pass many, many hours reading teaching blogs.

48. I strive to be as good as my mentor teacher.

49. David and I like to go to Chili's on Friday nights.

50. Our bedroom is gray and orange.

51. I love Apple products.

52. I am running my 3rd half marathon in a couple weeks.

53. I haven't had a voice since school started.

54. David coaches college basketball.

55. Mexican food is wonderful.

56. My ring was David's grandmother's. It is beautiful.

57. Our wedding weekend was perfect.

58. I can't wait for my husband to get home tonight.

59. I have the most wonderful parents anyone could ask for.

60. I have taught for 3 years in 3 different grades in 3 different cities.

61. Each year has honestly been wonderful.

62. I am slightly blog obsessed.

63. I have brownies in my kitchen, ready to be baked.

64. I really want to go running, but haven't been able to muster up the energy with school and this cold/sinus infection.

65. I want 2 or 3 kiddos.

66. Pedicures make me feel so pampered.

67. The fall weather here in Abilene is beautiful.

68. I miss my friends in Austin.

69. We have 3 beautiful nieces!

70. I think Modern Family is so funny.

71. I am a terrible procrastinator.

72. I am the oldest child. David is the youngest.

73. I love being organized. But am definitely not always. Working on that.

74. My Mimi is one of the best cooks I know.

75. She sends me recipes in the mail. So sweet.

76. I love fruit and vegetables. But I also love any type of bread.

77. I think it is so cool to hear my students call me Mrs. Kemp.

78. I want a new camera lens.

79. Mickey and Nova are very funny when they play together.

80. I am 5'7" and my sisters are 5'2".

81. I had 2 maids of honor and David had 2 best men.

82. It is possible I think about school too much.

83. Sometimes I have to be reminded to "turn off my teacher talk."

84. I took pictures for the McMurry basketball team for their media guide.

85. I can't wait to get the CDs of all of our wedding pictures.

86. Our wedding video should be in our mailbox this week!!!

87. I love sushi.

88. I am so grateful for the family I have and the family I married into.

89. I love chocolate chip cookies.

90. Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper have all come back into my life, and I am trying to get away again.

91. I love the Target Dollar Spot.

92. I love Target. Period.

93. I love my parents so much.

94. I think my hands look prettier with acrylic nails.

95. I want to go back to the Caymans.

96. I have never been snow skiing.

97. I am not a fan of cold weather and am slightly nervous about winter in Abilene.

98. I am so excited for the holidays with David. And for decorating the house!

99. I really want to send a Christmas card this year.

100. I can't wait for all the memories David and I will make in our life together.

There ya go! I am going to try really hard to keep up with posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment